Pav bhaji – Learn how to make easy mumbai style best popular, delicious and tasty pav bhaji recipe at home.Pav bhaji is undoubtedly an Indian street food very well liked in Mumbai but has slowly but surely gained its popularity all over India.
Pav bhaji masala is one that provides taste and flavor to this recipe. The perfect combination of snack with curry can make anyone go gaga.
How to make Bajji for pavbajji
Prep time : 10 mins
Cook time : 30 mins
Total time : 40 mins
Ingredients used in Bajji for pavbajji
• Diced potatoes – 2 number.
• Sliced radish – 1 number.
• Diced carrot – 2 number.
• Chopped eggplant – 1 small.
• Chopped capsicum – 1 number.
• Chopped coriander leaves – 1 cup.
• Chopped green chillies – 4 number.
• Ginger garlic paste – 2 tea spoon.
• Lemon juice – 1/2 tea spoon.
• Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon.
• Fennel powder – 1/2 tea spoon.
• Dry mango powder – 1/2 tea spoon.
• Kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves) – 1 tea spoon.
• Chopped onion – 1 cup.
• Chopped tomatoes – 1 cup.
• Turmeric powder – 1 tea spoon.
• Red chili powder – 1/2 tea spoon.
• Cumin seeds – 1 tea spoon.
• Hing – pinch.
• Salt – to taste.
• Water – as required.
• Food color(optional) – as required.
• Oil – as required.
Pressure cook all the vegetables with water until it gets to a mashconsistency.
Heat butter in a pan, add cumin seeds, chopped onion and cook until they turn light brown.
Then add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, green chilies, chopped tomatoes and cook for another 1 minute.
Season with coriander powder, fennel powder, dry mango powder(optional) & also add water so that it won’t stick to the surface of the pan.
When comes to thick consistency, add half tsp of red chili powder, kasuri methi, hing(optional) to the same pan.
Add boiled vegetables and mash by using Vegetable Masher and season with salt.
Add chopped coriander leaves and butter and mix it well.
At last, add food color(optional) to bhaji if necessary.
In a separate pan heat ½ tsp of oil, add bhaji and garnish with chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and serve it hot with pav.
Serve delicious Pav Bhaji as an evening snack.