Dal Fry is a popular Indian lentil recipe. This recipe uses toor dal, which is also known as arhar or toor dal. The dal is seasoned with variety of spices and it tastes delicious.
Dal tadka is among the very well-known Punjabi dal or lentil recipe that is often cooked in Indian houses and restaurants. It is easy and tasty dish which can be used for offering at celebrations and is probably the common dish available in many of the Dhabas. Dal tadka making is quite simple plus it needs very much less time for preparation.
How to make DAL FRY
Prep time : 15 mins
Cook time : 15 mins
Total time : 30 mins
Ingredients used in DAL FRY
• Oil – 2 tablespoons.
• Dry red chillies – 3 numbers.
• Cumin seeds – 1/2 tea spoon.
• Ginger(finely chopped) – 1/2 tea spoon.
• Garlic(finely chopped) – 1/2 tea spoon.
• Onion(chopped) – 1 tablespoon.
• Tomato – 1/2 cup.
• Red chili powder – 1/2 tea spoon.
• Turmeric powder – 1/4 tea spoon.
• Salt – to taste.
• Cherry tomatoes – 4 numbers.
• Green chillies – 2 numbers.
• Kasuri methi – 1/2 tea spoon.
• Garam masala – 1 pinch.
• Toor dal(boiled) – 1 cup.
• Ghee – 1 tablespoon.
Heat oil in a pan and add dry red chilies, cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and saute it.
Add onions, tomato, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, cherry tomato, green chillies, kasuri methi and saute it.
Add boiled toor dal, garam masala and mix it later cook for 2-5 minutes and switch off flame.
Remove lid and place a bowl on dal mixture pan and add burning coal, on it sprinkle garam masala and pour ghee.
Place lid on pan for 5 minutes and remove lid, bowl.
Transfer into a plate and serve with roti.